Monday, October 16, 2006

I'm On Board with the District 40 Team

This message is from a Virgin Mobile user. Enjoy.
_____________________________________________________________


This morning, I made a stop at State Rep Aaron Pena's office to meet the staff. As you may have heard, I'll be working for Dist 40. I think everything went well, except I discovered when I got home that I should have gelled my hair; it was sticking out all over. Otherwise, I feel some synergy with the team.

We spent some time going over what to expect during the 80th Legislative Session and what my role will be on the team. Business teaches you much about having the right people on your team. It is apparent that I am joining a good group. They are excited about the upcoming session, as am I. I just need to finish moving back into the RGV so that we can start firing on all cylinders. I have a couple of months to prepare for Austin and get to know my team.

I have an idea how this new experience will affect the blog. Like my trip to Wisconsin as a migrant, I want to document what life as a legislative aide is like. I'm excited to be off-center of the middle of everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the valley! Good luck with the new job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...