Friday, January 20, 2006

Campaign Update

I went into the Laura Hinojosa campaign headquarters to volunteer today. Sally tells me I just missed most of the action in the morning when the block walkers were in. They have already made and handed out most of the campaign lawn signs. This is a good sign as it means that Laura is getting a lot of support from the community.

The block walkers have also been working hard handing out push cards. I counted the remaining cards with Sally, we'll need more. After that I cleaned up the warehouse. There were boxes all over from making the signs. After that, I did a little bit of data entry and then hung out until it was time to go to work.

I had the pleasure of meeting Laura's mom and Laura's son, Esteban. He helped me sweep the warehouse, by the way. He was really committed to keeping the place clean. Laura's mom seems like a very down to earth lady, I showed her yesterday's article in Rumbo about the political families in the RGV. She seemed amused by it.

Laura told me something about her television ads, I can't remember what it was. I think they aren't supposed to come out until later, but they got posted on the web. I'm going to take a peek and I'll try to put them on here.

Before I left, I actually got to see a few people offer their services to the campaign and get turned away because we have plenty of volunteer workers. Laura is way ahead of Juan Maldonado's push to control politiqueras. She simply won't have them. Isn't this a great sign of her character? Well, that's all for now. I'll try to get the ads up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...